October 13, 2016
I’ll never forget taking a trip to Key West, Florida and walking into a little boutique that I all of a sudden never wanted to leave. I remember being mesmerized by a set of hand painted tiles that displayed numbers to place on a home. Oh how I wish I had taken a picture of these beauties. They were gorgeous and so unique! Although the beach style doesn’t match the decor of my home, it got me thinking. Why go traditional with displaying a house number when you can have a little fun with it? My Fancy Finds post today is all about ways to beautifully and creatively display your house number. I haven’t decided which one I’m going to attempt just yet. All I know is that my front porch needs it! Which one would you pick for your home?
1. I love the look of this rustic planter against the brick. It absolutely makes the house number sign pop! Shades of Blue Interiors gives us a step-by-step guide to create one of our own. And can you believe these modern numbers came from Home Depot??
2. It’s so satisfying and fun to re-purpose a piece into something new. Mod-Home took an old metal milk can and transformed it into a house number sign. I love the farmhouse appeal it brings to a front porch and the option to add a beautiful plant on top.
3. On a DIY home decor budget? This house number sign by Family Focus Blog is made out of paint sticks. Yes, paint sticks! I love the look a little stain gave the paint sticks with the numbers sealing the overall look. This is another DIY project that should take no more than an afternoon to complete.
4. If you don’t have a spot on a wall to place a house number sign, why not place your house numbers on a stair riser? Remodleaholic shows us exactly how to do this! This would even be a cute idea to place on a garage step riser to add a little home decor.
5. Oh how I love a pop of greenery and the color green in general. This house number sign is sure to stand out, especially next to a bright front door. Guests will certainly be able to see it by the road if it’s their first time trying to find your home. A Beautiful Mess has a tutorial on how to create one in just a few easy steps.
I need your help picking out which house number to create for my home. Tell me your favorite pick in the comments below. Thanks so much for joining me today!