February 3, 2016
When the cold hits here in Central Florida, which isn’t often, my family and I love to take advantage of the weather. Ryan and I usually invite my family over for dinner and slowly make our way out by the fire pit full of other delicious goodies and fun memories. We’ve learned along the way a few essential items that are a must have when enjoying a night by the fire pit. Several of these items are going on my birthday and Christmas wish list for 2016! What are your must haves when it comes to sitting around a fire pit?
1. One can never say no to dessert! Nineteen27 S’mores uses handmade graham crackers, marshmallows, and toppings for one yummy treat! Bonus: If you ever make it out to Portland, Oregon, this dynamic duo runs a s’mores cart for s’mores on the go!
2. Not a fan of s’mores and just want a toasty, marshmallow treat? Wondermade is a local cafe that makes homemade marshmallows out of Sanford, Florida. These are for the adult friends around the fire: Beer, Gin, Bourbon, and Fireball infused marshmallows.
3. A copper mug always seems like the perfect mug for a cocktail by the fire pit. Alchemade caught my eye with their handcrafted, hammered mug.
4. What’s a night out by the fire pit without a fire pit? I am in love with this fire pit and wish I had found it sooner by Fire-Away! The innovative design creates a hotter fire with less smoke. Hello! Also, it folds up so that you can put it away when you are done with it. Instant fire pit anywhere!
5. When roasting marshmallows, one must have roasting sticks! I love these roasting sticks and the DIY tutorial that Ella Claire has provided!
6. Finally, I’m all about plaid and fleece when it comes to blankets. A fire can only keep you so warm during a cold night. This beautiful blanket by Faribault is the perfect addition for a night out by the fire.