February 6, 2017
This past week the weather was finally cool here in Florida for more than just a day. Hello 60’s! I know, I know, it’s freezing elsewhere, but it’s the perfect weather for Florida this time of year. I noticed I went scrambling for my go-to blankets to stay warm and cozy. That’s when I started daydreaming about living room decor that will make anyone feel like they are tucked in, nice and cozy, for a cold winter day. Sounds dreamy, right? This week I was inspired by Arhaus Furniture to find my top favorite items to help winterize your living room. Get ready to snuggle up and fall in love with these items!
1. When I found this wardrobe on Arhaus’ Instagram, I knew I would have a different use for it if I could ever get my hands on it. It would be so dreamy in the entrance of my home that leads to the living room. Here my family and guests could store their winter items as they enter the home. Scarves, jackets, shoes, and so much more! It’s a timeless piece that would work perfectly for a living space.
2. What’s the first thing you see in a living room? The couch of course! It’s also the first place you want to sit down and get warm during the cold winter days. Let me tell you about this Tahoe Sectional. It’s the definition of cozy! It’s made with goose feathers to allow you to sink into the couch. In other words, you probably won’t be getting up once you sit down.
3. Of course if you’re going to be sinking into a couch, you’ll need a plush blanket to curl up with. Remember, you won’t be able to get up once you sit down. This ivory faux throw is a slice of heaven and you’ll be relaxing in no time! What I love about this blanket is that you can drape if over a portion of your couch for instant home decor.
4. If you’re like me, you have more than one blanket in your living room. My rule of thumb in my home, is that each person needs their own blanket to stay warm! I have a solution for storing multiple blankets by using this handwoven basket. It adds a touch of winter home decor as an added bonus.
5. And the final touch? An abundance of cozy pillows! These are perfect for when a blanket isn’t enough and you want to double up on warmth. They’re also functional as home decor. Find several of your favorite ones to create a winter look in your living room. These can also be added to your blanket basket.
What do you think about these items to give your living room a functional winter update? Did you see a piece you can’t live without? You can find them at Arhaus.com or get creative to see what you can already find in your home or in your favorite shops near you. Meanwhile, stay warm! Spring is right around the corner.
Let’s keep in touch!