Once a kindergarten teacher, now your go-to guide for all things DIY. My passion for teaching didn't stop when I left the classroom - I merely switched from ABCs to DIYs. I've learned a lot from transforming my own home from scratch, and now I'm here to pass on that knowledge to you.
This wall in our foyer has been on my mind lately. It was one of my first projects after moving in by painting stripes but now I think it needs a little more pizzazz. It makes for the perfect Decor Daydreams to see what will and won’t work in this space. My goal for this post today? To create a space that can stylishly store shoes, have a spot to place keys and phones, and to simply add a little home decor in general. I’m mainly tired of our shoes being placed in a pile by the door when we walk in. I think this would be the perfect solution! Get all the details on my essential items for my foyer organization below.
1. Although this looks like a dresser, it’s actually a shoe cabinet from Ikea. I love this stylish piece of furniture that will hide shoes! You won’t find it with the cute leather handles though. House Tweaking has the perfect tutorial to show you how to add this amazing detail.
2. As always, adding plants and a touch of greenery brings so much to a space. It’s refreshing, natural, and the perfect home decor piece. The Painted Fox offers these potted faux sage plants that scream industrial and farmhouse.
3. The Painted Fox for the win again! I always see clocks on display but not thermometers. This distressed farmhouse thermometer made to look vintage will add a unique touch to the top of the shoe cabinet.
4. How many times have you arrived home during a thunderstorm and you don’t have a place to put your umbrella? If you’re like me, nowhere. This umbrella stand is a dreamy mint color and also has holes in the design to allow for airflow to dry your umbrellas. So stylish!
5. I knew I wanted a mirror on the wall above the shoe cabinet. This particular mirror is magical because it allows you to store your keys, phone, and wallet in the compartment found at the bottom. It works flawlessly with the overall design!
6. Lamps provide such a soft, natural light in a space which also creates a warm environment. Since I already placed a few bold pieces in this space, I needed a lamp that would be noticeable but blend in at the same time. This Beekman 1802 Farmhouse table lamp can be found at Target at an amazing price!
Now I just need to take a few measurements and see if this shoe cabinet can work in this space. After putting this Decor Daydreams together, I’m in love with it! Plus, no more shoes sitting by the door and I’ll have instant foyer organization. I love it when readers send me pins, ideas, and emails about their own ideas for their home. Please, send away! Thanks for joining me today on Within the Grove while I daydream away with home decor.
Let’s keep in touch!
We have a brand new community over on Facebook, House & Home, where we’ll be chatting, sharing, and helping one another when it comes to home decor and projects. Come join us! Check it out here.